These are the privacy policies for The Forton Group Ltd (TFG) and services provided through these and other Forton Group websites and applications ("our sites") by the Forton Group, which includes The Leadership Coach Ltd., The Forton School of Leadership Ltd. and Forton Global Resources Ltd.
At TFG we collect different types of information about our users for three reasons:
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To provide secure access to learning materials
- With user consent, to market services to individuals (delete s) users
The Forton Group does not take paid advertising on its websites. Any advertising you see (for example, on our blogs) is beyond TFG’s control.
There may be additional privacy policies that apply to certain services at TFG. Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
1. We do our best to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- we ensure that when we outsource any processes that (delete) the service provider has appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from TFG and, if you choose, from our partners listed on the ‘contact us’ page of our sites – by you contacting them directly
We may email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with event reminders.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are is securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, they it can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
7. Where we, our partners, or our service providers transfer data out of the European Economic Area this is done with relevant protections required by UK law in place.
How we use your information
We collect information on our users through registration (Igniting Excellence in Leadership, and Professional Leadership Coach Training Programme sites and blogs) and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter surveys, sales promotions and competitions.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, the LeadershipZone) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users.
Following registration you may be sent regular emails from TFG. You will be able to unsubscribe from these at any time.
Logging in using social networking credentials
Currently it is not possible to log into The LeadershipZone using Facebook, Twitter, Google or Linked-In log-ins. However, this information is provided to future-proof these policies:
- Facebook Log In: If you log-in to our sites using a Facebook log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a Forton Identity, and you may use your picture from Facebook as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your gender, networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings. If you remove TFG from your Facebook settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
- Google Log In: If you log-in to our sites using a google log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to google to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, gender and location which will then be used to form a Forton Identity, and you may use your picture from google as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your google account settings. If you remove TFG from your google settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
- Twitter: If you log-in to our sites using a twitter log-in as a means of authentication we receive your avatar and twitter username.
Updating your personal information
On the Professional Leadership Coach Training site, we offer a profile page, where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your profile. You can get to this page from most pages on the site - simply click on the ‘Profile’ link at the top right-hand of the screen when you are signed in.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will share your information only with our named partners – see ‘contact us’ for details.
We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation.
We may use service providers to help us run these sites or services available on the sites, some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
Some TFG webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the 'Facebook Recommend' function). Information about your visit to TFG websites may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform.
For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites.
- We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups, as we won't be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content
TFG does not take advertising on its websites. Any advertising you see (for example, on our blogs) is beyond our control.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for The Forton Group and services provided through the websites by TFG is College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH, United Kingdom.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding TFG’s use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or by email to
Changes to our privacy policies
- Should we decide to change our privacy policies we will post the changes here.
- Where the changes are significant, we may also choose to email all our registered users with the new details.
- Where required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.
- << Prev