Mark Colligan ACC
Mark is currently working as a board and executive coach in a number of organisations. He brings an in depth knowledge of integrating coaching support into OD and strategic change programmes as well as coaching senior leadership and board members on enhancing their own performance.
His coaching style has been described as “solid”, with a focus on helping senior leaders see themselves in the mirror, through observation, feedback and being in the moment with coachees. He is particularly curious about helping build emotional intelligence and resilience in leaders. He supports leaders improve their performance specifically if they want to: • Build awareness of self, to build better relationships • Create a safe space for personal thinking • Enhance their strategic thinking. • Improve organisational effectiveness. • Deal efficiently with conflict. • Manage and lead change in the Workplace.
Mark has also trained a number of leaders in coaching techniques so that they become more “coach-like” with their own teams.
For a two page PDF copy of Mark's CV, please click here.
Mark coaches in English.
Leadership development, performance management, coaching skills, emotional intelligence and self-awareness, resilience building, organisational development and organisational transformation
- Mark has worked in both the private and public sectors as a senior manager, so has “walked in the shoes” of many of his coaching clients.
- His 20 years private sector experience includes working in the aerospace industry, electronics, food, printing, and consulting for two of the “big 4” companies. His roles have included production management, product testing, supply chain, procurement, organisational transformation, continuous improvement and strategy development.
- More recently, Mark also spent some 9 years in the public sector where he led an internal consultancy team specialising in organisational development, leadership development, culture change and coaching. He has worked across broad central government sectors including social development, infrastructure, culture arts and leisure, agriculture and criminal justice. He also spent 2 years leading the Northern Ireland digital transformation programme.
- He worked primarily with senior leaders, senior management teams and Boards, to develop both the senior team, and the wider organisation. His development interventions often blended leadership development, organisational redesign, strategy development and coaching into a hybrid solution, to help organisations respond to austerity and increasing service demands.
- Through his coaching of senior leaders in international development organisations, Mark has gained a strong insight into the pressures facing overseas development and the global humanitarian community
- Mark also has family members and friends who have served overseas in support of disaster relief, humanitarian disasters, conflict, and natural disasters, in countries such as Sierra Leone, Chad, Gaza, Afghanistan, Tanzania, Ghana and Uganda. Thus, Mark has a high awareness of the pressures of working where there is little or no infrastructure, cultural issues, disease, threat of violence and poverty.
2016 - Associate Certified Coach (ICF)
2015 to present - Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
2015 - Advanced Practitioners Diploma from the Academy of Executive Coaching
2010 – Fellow of the Institute of Consulting
2010 – Certificate in Consulting
1997 – Master’s Degree in Competitiveness University of Warwick
1996 – ILM Level 7 Leadership and Management