Julia is a Professional Leadership Coach with extensive management experience in consulting, technology and finance. She specialises in working with professionals dealing with challenge, complexity and uncertainty in fast-moving environments. Using powerful questioning and reflective listening, Julia supports her clients to achieve their personal and professional potential by providing an effective balance of challenge and support. She encourages each client to build on their strengths and explore new ideas and perspectives. Her coaching is action-orientated, with clients supported to take practical steps to achieve their goals. Julia’s coaching combines a wide range of professional expertise with a warm, empathetic style. Clients have described their experience as ‘insightful’ and ‘inspiring’.
Julia coaches in English. She speaks fluent French and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
Professional Leadership Coach (The Forton Group)
Team Coaching Certificate (The Forton Group); my360plus qualified (The Forton Group)
Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach
Hogan Level 1 Certified; Hogan 360 & Hogan HPTA Certified
MBTI (MBTI Step I & Step II) Practitioner
NLP Business Practitioner
Professional Certified Coach (PCC) & Member, International Coaching Federation (ICF)
Professional Member, European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC)
Cambridge CELTA-qualified EFL Teacher, International House, London
MSc, Business Information Technology Systems, Strathclyde Business School, Scotland
MA (Hons), French with European History, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Julia is trained and experienced in –
- 1-1 coaching
- Team coaching using MBTI and CliftonStrengths
- Hogan Leadership series
- Personality profiling tools: MBTI Step I and Step II; CliftonStrengths (Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach)
- My360plus leadership development tool
- Building leadership capabilities
- Developing personal and professional confidence
- Dealing with conflict in the workplace
- Career development, reassessment and transition
- Boosting communications skills (including presentations & speeches)
- Specialised communications coaching for non-native English-speaking professionals.
Julia’s corporate experience, comprising nearly 20 years in blue-chip global consulting and finance, comprises:
• Managing strategic business change and communications programmes at firm-wide level, working alongside senior global leadership.
• A hands-on background in systems design, development and project management on complex, high profile projects in the financial services industry.
• An insider’s understanding of working within organisational structures and navigating career development through change and uncertainty.
• Recruiting, coaching, training and mentoring new corporate colleagues – including developing training programmes.
• Roles working alongside senior global leadership to craft speeches and presentations.
Julia has also spent several years as a researcher and teacher at university level.