David Wood OBE PCC
David is the Chief Executive of “Attend” (formerly National Association of Hospital & Community Friends). Attend is an umbrella body for 800 independent local charities predominantly known as ‘League of Friends’. It represents 43,000 volunteers. In 2010 they raised £43million to support health and social care, and provided over 5 million hours of volunteering.
David received the OBE in recognition of his services to the voluntary sector
For a one page PDF copy of David's CV, please click here.
David coaches in English
Leading High Performance Teams, Negotiation Skills, Performance Management, Advanced Facilitation Skills, Change Management, Conflict Management, Remote Management, Coaching Skills, Communication Skills for Managers, Cultural Diversity
David promotes the work of those in Government, Health Authorities, NHS Trusts, Social Services, Courts and Prisons, potential large donors and the Media; in so doing, seek to raise the profile of the work of the Friends and the role of the Association. He provides the strategic planning and oversees the efficient day-to-day management of the Association’s central services and keeps the Chairman informed of any internal and external factors that call for a review. He maintains and develops the National Office as an effective unit capable of responding satisfactorily to the needs of the Association and its Affiliated Members. It is this background he brings to his coaching clients.
• Member of the Institute of Fundraising
• Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management
• Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
• Fellow of the Clore Social Leadership Programme
• Professional Leadership Coach – Accredited with the International Coaching Federation
• NVQ Assessor and Internal Verifier – A1 and V1 qualification
• Sat entry examination in Accountancy and passed papers in Management Accounts, Law, Economics and Information Technology