Corporate Social Responsibility
We believe strongly in mutual prosperity - for everyone - everyday. The Forton Group is committed to supporting a positive impact on society, through the skills we offer, the work we do and the way we interact with our environment. The people who work with us, and the clients we work for, are part of something special. The chance to make a real contribution to the development of a fairer world.
Please note: The Forton Group is not responsible for the content of other websites and the views expressed are their own
Mentoring and coaching schemes
The Forton Group supports mentoring schemes that enable people to step up and grow their careers. We also host free training and networking events - in-person and virtually. Our pro-bono coaching schemes are designed to give a hand up, not a 'handout'. We offer 'matched' contribution programmes. This means that our volunteer coaches provide up to 3 hours 1-1 coaching for talented future leaders.
Women in Logistics
We also support the Women in Logistics Mentor Scheme - watch the slideshow here. And we are proud sponsors of the Women in Logistics 'Company of the Year' Award.
Minimising Our Environmental Impacts
The nature of our work globally involves travel and we do our best to minimise our carbon footprint in five key ways:
- By growing local partnerships, and building leadership development capacity in the local area
- By using train travel, in preference to car or plane, where practical
- By providing services virtually - such as coaching by phone or VOIP, or by introducing accessible new technologies to deliver our training programmes.
- By using green technologies wherever possible (such as solar panels and a ground source heat pump for our offices) By offsetting our carbon footprint with local tree planting schemes
- By making our service information 'catalogue' available digitally (pdf) from this website
2016 report: Pledge to Peace
To Percorsi - Pledge to Peace Secretariat
The Forton Group has provided volunteer time to peace education initiatives. We are particularly interested in supporting the development of ‘Lesson Plans’ using high-quality stimulus materials.
The Forton Group also supported the ‘Inside Peace’ event at the British Film Institute in London in June 2016.
- Showing the film ‘Inside Peace’
- A Keynote Speaker and panel discussion
- Networking between the 450 guests
Follow-up activities are also being supported by the Forton Group, specifically with the aim to reach out to more UK prisons to introduce prison peace education programmes (known as ‘PEP’).